Tuesday 31 March 2015

The month of March

Okay, before April begins, I am going to attempt to get caught up on March.  Let me begin by saying that the thrill of doing dishes is gone.  Yes, the two girls who said it was so much fun and asked if they could do them every day now act like typical kids and complain when the time comes.  One night last week, I was washing and the two of them were drying.  About half way through, Middlest decided she had to go to the bathroom.  Ahh, the old poop break to get out of dishes routine.  Generation to generation, some things never change.

After living here for nine months, we finally got the girls' hair cuts on the weekend.  They love that sort of thing and we didn't seem to be getting back to Saskatoon to see their regular and favorite stylist.  But we had them all in at the same time and Julie and I even managed a little walk around the mall alone while they were all in the chair.  A haircut and babysitting all in one. 


Littlest likes me to do her hair most days, and one day she requested Princess Leia buns.  Well, that made me proud.  I did my best, but I'm not sure you would say Leia.  The first day could have been Fiona (from Shrek).
Day 1:


Day 2:


I even figured out how to French braid on YouTube:


Sometimes she like to do my hair.  I'm not sure why, but I grudgingly let her.


Last Sunday Julie was in church early to play piano, so it was me and the girls getting ready.  Littlest watched me shave and then thought she would like to have a turn.  We had plenty of time, and I'm not going to get the chance to teach a son to shave, so I thought why not?  I kept the cover on the blade, but she used my razor and shaving cream.  She was probably the best smelling kid in Sunday School.



Biggest tried her hand at curling after school for a bit.  Her school put on an intro class once a week for a month.  She had fun and we went to watch the final match.  It was a nail biter, but I believe her team won. 


She was also in the school play.  It was a western themed night and she was a narrator for 'Deep in the Heart of Texas.'  Here she is getting ready:



Middlest had a penguin day at school, so Littlest and I went to hang out for the afternoon.  Educational and fun.



March also had the most epic pi day of this century being the year was 2015.  3/14/15 at 9:26 and 53 seconds, the first 10 digits of pi all matched up.  3.141592653.  Won't happen again until the year 2115.  So at 9:26 in the morning, I ate pie.



I'm sure more stuff happened, but for now, this is all that I remember.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment